วันอาทิตย์ที่ 29 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

A lazy day at the menagerie

The next part off the train trip from Pattaya to Chaing Mai in was on the nothern line from Bangkok main station Hua Lamphong to Nakhon Sawan. Nakhon Sawan is a provencial capital in the heartland of the rice chamber off Thailand. Its a very swampy area where the 2 rivers Ping and Nan join together to the Chao Phraya river.



 We arrived very late and the great restaurant my father wanted to visit was closed, so we ended in eating at a street kitchen at the promenade at the big lake, it was a very good meal. Next day we went up the hill and visited the temple, getting a good overview of the town and I saw my first big golden Bhuda. Next day again we where leaving for Chaing Mai late at night so we took a boat up the lake. It looked like a river but was a large lake.
One off the more special thing to watch was the cable cabin that transported people from one side to the other. The boat trip ended up in a temple and a menagerie. They had monkeys, and tiger and a single lion. The Thai called the lion a tiger so I suppose that they didn't knew the difference. The also had a crocodile pit with a very flimsy wooden bridge. I bought a bowl off chicken to feed the alligators and went out on the flimsy bridge to feed the big animals I was very scared. It turned out that it had been a Thai holyday so the beasts had been fed chicken all day so they almost didn't bother for my chicken, so if I had fallen down I doubt that they had bothered eating me, as I expect that I am not as tasty as a chicken.
Now that was a lazy day for man and beasts.


to Nakhon Sawan

The other chapters in this serie.

  • The Eastern Line




  • A lazy day at the menagerie




  • Nighttrain to Chiang Mai




  • Snake in a boat




  • The Golden Triangle
  • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: