วันเสาร์ที่ 27 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2552

Snake in a boat

The first thing my father did in Chaing Mai was an arrangement with a guide with a minibus. Son we went to Doi Suthep one day and 2 days later we went for a tour to the Golden Triangle. In the package there was a 2 hour trip on elephant, but my father didn’t want to do that. He had tried it before a thought it was a backbreaker, on my next trip to Chaing Mai on “Tour de tuktuk” I tried a ride my self, my father was right.



to Tha Ton
So the first stop was Tha Ton here I found my favourite jacket the guide got me a “special prize”. It’s a Mon style red jacket you can turn inside you to get a black jacket.
To my surprise I 16 years later saw one just like it at “Pølsevognen ved Frederiksberg Runddel” a summer day when I was eating some hotdogs. I asked the guy wearing it about where he bought it, “at a flea shop” the somewhat conversation stopping answer was. Tha Ton has a beatyfull the white Budha on a mountain and is located by the Kok River. When we went to the quay at the river where our ride to Chaing Rai was an exiting well... “Construction” with a big noisy and smelly car engine pivotal on the tail off a long slim boat with the propeller in the end off a long axel AKA A long tail boat.
This will bee a nice relaxing change from the hot mini but I thought, so I sat down in the boat and took off my sandals, 10cm from my bare feet a saw a SNAKE.
First I thought on jumping in to the river, but figured that there could bee more snakes, and then I took my sandals on and asked to get off.
My father didn’t see the snake at all and the Thais thought it was funny that I was so afraid of such a small no poisonous snake. But I told them that it was grey and with a black zigzag like the only poisonous snake where I come from.
We made a stop at a hill tribe village, and when we was there the boat drivers tried to get the snake out off the boat because they could see I was very scared. But unfortunately the poor snake got stuck I a board on the boat and got crushed.
Poor thing :(

I think snakes are cute and are not afraid off them, here I Panicked. I loved the rest of the trip to Chaing Rai, the scenery was beautiful when I didn’t have to worry about a snake in a boat.



to Chaing Rai

The other chapters in this serie.

  • The Eastern Line




  • A lazy day at the menagerie




  • Nighttrain to Chiang Mai




  • Snake in a boat




  • The Golden Triangle
  • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: