วันจันทร์ที่ 31 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2552

A mad dog, Dolph and the NexGen


I had been looking forward to Sunday d. 21 august for almost 6 month since I read that the Red Arrows was coming to Roskilde Air Show 2009. I have never been to an airshow before and never seen a aerobatic flying display before, so I looked anxiously at the weather forecast all week.


The ride to Tune.
The weather was great that day when I meet with my friend and his kid at the central station. So we took the train to Roskilde station and found the special bus to the Airshow it was a airport bus from CPH, where you could buy tickets for the airshow. So it was easy to get to event even if there was a big traffic jam.

Roskilde Airshow 2009.
It was a great summer day in Tune so there was a lot of happy people just enjoying the sun and the show, with its great mix of good old favorites and brand new aircraft on display and of course the nice loud noise of aircraft engines and the smell of avgas and jetfuel. Along with various food and beverages.



   

My friends 4 year boy was all over the place and my friend had to case him around but as all boys when he got a fire truck to play with the he was in his happy place. Then my friend had a hell off a time getting him to stop playing because the firetruck he could play with was a brand new Rosenbauer Panther 6x6. I had a "veery interesting" conversation with one off the firefighters about the nossel and the new all composite airliners.

I wanted a trip with the Danish DC3 But all the round trips was sold out except the DAT MD but I have tried them and love them, so I rather wanted to see the flying display from the ground. So when the speaker announced that there was tickets to buy for SAS CRJ900NG return flight to Kastrup, I thought there's my ride home and got me a ticket.

Another friend caught up just in time for my friend casing off after his kid. So when we spotted a Val Killmer lookalike cockey Swedish fighter pilot with the callname Dolph, we laughed.
And the Gripen aerial routine was great compared to the RDAF F16.


   

The Air Show.


The flying display was fantastic. It had all what i like a Gooney Bird and classic props amd jets. The Hunter Rules my world Ok!

 

There was a lot of my favorite sound "the unmistakable, inimitable vocabulary of barks, snarls and houls" of the WW2 fighters a Merlin and a Packard can do that well. I also loved the invasion striped Cub and the low flying display of the DAT mad dog off course.

 

The Red Arrows.
The Red Arrows was just amassing, I was so impressed the choreography, the timing, smoke patterns on the sky was breath taking.


The speaker from Red Arrows was great to, a typically RAF jargon and very funny when presenting his fellow team members.

He managed to pull the oldest one presenting one guy as the second best looking in the squadron. It was also impressive that they took off for another dispaly at Bournemout. A shame they didn't have there Herc with them this time. Now I need to see the yellow Gant.



Red Arrows tricolor

So all in all a fantastic airshow and a "veery interesting" day for me.
Now I had a nice flight to Kastrup so the perfect ending off the day.


NexGen flight home

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: